Accidents happen every day—on the road, at the store, in the park, and even in private homes. It only takes a second for a life to change forever. Sometimes, these accidents are unavoidable. They are simply awful misfortunes that no one could have foreseen or prevented. Other times, however, an accident occurs as the direct result of the negligent behavior of another person. When a drunk driver gets behind the wheel of a car, a careless owner fails to control his pet, or a manufacturer is lazy in product testing, the victims of these accidents are the ones left to suffer the serious physical, emotional, and financial consequences. In these situations, though, Florida law does allow accident and injury victims to file a claim against those responsible.
At the law offices of DeLoach, Hofstra & Cavonis, P.A., we’ve been helping accident victims seek justice for their injuries and compensation to help them recover for over 40 years. Led by attorneys Paul Cavonis and Joseph Murphy, our personal injury team is committed to providing clients personalized attention and vigorous representation. Accident victims should not have to suffer alone. That’s why our team is here to be your legal partners and help you obtain the compensation you need to recover from your injuries and maintain a safe, stable life. If you or someone you love has been injured, call our Seminole office today at 727-397-5571 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
Types of Injury Cases Our Florida Law Firm Handles
Injury lawsuits can result from a wide variety of accidents in any number of locations. When another person fails to exercise reasonable care in their behavior and that failure results in an injury to someone else, those victims are entitled to pursue legal action. At DeLoach, Hofstra & Cavonis, P.A., we’ve helped clients protect their rights after many types of personal injuries, including:
- Car accidents. Many car accidents occur when a driver acts irresponsibly behind the wheel, especially those who are drunk, distracted, drugged, and more.
- Truck accidents. Commercial truck accidents are all too common on our nation’s roadways. With the pressure to deliver goods and services quickly, operators will often push the limits of both themselves and their vehicles, and the results can be disastrous for other drivers.
- Pedestrian accidents. You don’t always have to be in a vehicle to be injured in a car accident. Every year, pedestrians are injured and killed by careless drivers.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcyclists face unique dangers on the road. They are much more vulnerable than those in other types of vehicles and are often overlooked.
- Slips and falls. Falls are among the most common injuries in our area of Florida. When a property owner fails to maintain safe premises, accidents can happen. Those victims may be able to take legal action against a neglectful owner.
- Dog bites. The state of Florida takes a strict stance against pet owners who do not appropriately look after their pets’ behavior toward others. Dogs can inflict serious injury when they bite or otherwise attack victims.
- Wrongful death. If a member of your family is killed in an accident, surviving loved ones do have a right to pursue legal action to get justice for their relative and compensation to support those experiencing financial hardship as a result.
- Premises liability. Property owners have a duty to maintain safe premises. This can include providing adequate security, ensuring proper maintenance, maintaining clean air, clearing walkways, and more.
- Product liability. Manufacturers have an obligation to ensure their products are safe and conform to national standards. Every year in Florida, however, people are injured and killed by dangerous or defective products.
- Class action consumer issues. When a company or manufacturer acts in a way that harms many people, those victims can save time, energy, and resources by grouping together to hold that party responsible. Though these actions take time, they have been known to be an effective way to protect the rights of victims and obtain compensation from those at fault.
If you or someone you love has suffered injuries in a situation described here, or if you aren’t sure if your accident or injury falls into one of these categories, call the legal team at DeLoach, Hofstra & Cavonis, P.A., today at 727-397-5571. We can help answer your questions and determine just what your legal options may be.
What Kinds of Compensation Can Florida Injury Victims Recover?
Under state law, Florida injury victims can recover financial compensation to pay for a number of bills and recover money that is lost because of the injury. Often, victims must miss work due to their injuries, or they aren’t able to perform the same tasks as before the accident. As a result, victims need reimbursement to continue to live a secure life. In Florida, victims may recover compensation for:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
How Can Our Seminole Injury Lawyers Help Your Case?
Unfortunately, when it comes to injury law cases, the victims often find themselves having to defend their own behavior. Despite another party acting negligently, many times it is the victims who must gather evidence, secure witnesses, find experts, prepare court documents, file motions, and offer a case at trial. Additionally, large insurance companies are typically involved in injury cases. Despite what their representatives may say, these companies are out to protect only their own interests. They work to reduce the victim’s claim using any tactics possible, and once a victim agrees to a settlement, there is no going back.
The time after an accident should not be consumed with these often complex and frustrating legal tasks. Victims should have the time and energy to focus on what matters most—their recovery and the stability of their family life. A skilled attorney can help victims meet these goals. At DeLoach, Hofstra & Cavonis, P.A., we have handled countless injury cases for victims just like you. We understand what an overwhelming time it can be for victims, we know what a fair settlement looks like, and we work hard to help you achieve the best legal outcome.
Client Reviews of DeLoach, Hofstra & Cavonis, P.A.
Call Our Seminole Law Office Today
Injury victims may hesitate to call a lawyer because they aren’t sure how to find the right attorney for them or because they are worried about the cost. At DeLoach, Hofstra & Cavonis, P.A., we make it easy. Our firm has been a community fixture for many years, and we’ve had success for injury clients time and again. Check out our client testimonials to hear from them directly. Also, we don’t get paid unless you do. Our fee comes from your settlement, and we offer free, no-obligation consultations. We can’t take away the pain or loss of your injury, but we can work to help you obtain the compensation you deserve to protect yourself and your family. Call our Seminole office today at 727-397-5571, or take a moment to fill out our online contact form for a prompt response from a member of our legal team.