While minimizing all foot traffic and allowing members of our team to work remotely, we want you to know that we are answering our phones and emails, accepting new clients, and scheduling conferences via phone or video. We want to reassure you that DeLoach, Hofstra & Cavonis, P.A. is still up and running and we are dedicated to supporting our clients, employees, and community partners.
As we continue to monitor the quickly evolving news related to the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to share what we are doing to protect you at our offices:
- Scheduling all initial appointments as phone conferences and providing alternatives to an in-person conference.
- Suspending all in-person seminars at the Lurie Civic Building at the SPC Seminole Campus. In the meantime, we are offering estate planning and long-term care seminars online.
- Adhering to social distancing guidelines and not participating in any live community events.
- Employees who exhibit flu-like symptoms are required to work from home.
- Sterilizing all surfaces after meeting with each client and conducting a final sterilization at the end of the day.
- Encouraging clients to take the pens they used.
- Refraining from shaking hands with clients.
- Washing our hands frequently.
- Maintaining social distancing at all times.
Additional Precautions We Are Taking
- Masks: In accordance with the Pinellas County ordinance requiring that citizens wear face masks, we are requiring everyone in our offices to wear a mask (e.g. staff, clients, customers in the title company, vendors, et al.). We are providing disposable masks for all those who arrive without masks.
- Germ Guards: We have added germ guards for our indoor and outdoor conference rooms and for our receptionists.
- Outside Signings: We have set up our DHC tent and two 6’ tables to ensure the 6’ distance rule. We ask clients to take the pens home with them and we replace them with new, sanitized pens. We sanitize the tables and chairs after each signing. Rep DeLoach even had a client drive up to sign their documents, never leaving their car!
- Drop Box: Outside of Seminole Title Company, we have a drop box available 24 hours a day for both the firm and title company. Let us know during normal business hours if you have dropped off documents and we’ll take them out without the need to interact.
- Video/Phone Conferencing: We are utilizing conference calls to communicate with clients and fellow staff. To keep up to date on client matters and cases, our teams have daily Zoom meetings to start the day off right!
Free Legal Resources from Our Firm
Attorney Rep DeLoach is a "Certified Respecting Choices Advanced Care Planning Facilitator." He is providing a free "Living Will and Designation of Healthcare Surrogate" and has included instructions on how to complete this important document along with some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). Click here to download.
As we are practicing social distancing, now would be a great time to review your estate planning documents. You can download a free "separate writing" template with for your personal property. Click here to get one now.
As part of our adherence to maintaining social distancing and group gathering guidelines, we have suspended all in-person seminars at the Lurie Civic Building at SPC Seminole Campus. In the meantime, we are offering estate planning and long-term care seminars online. Click here to register.
In the event the coronavirus comes to Florida, you need your estate plan, will or trust in order. Here are some important estate planning matters to consider in preparation from attorney Rep DeLoach.
For up to date information on COVID-19, please visit:
CDC Coronavirus Information Page
CDC Travel Advisory
Pinellas County COVID-19 Response & Recommendations
Pet Planning: Who Will Care for Your Pet In An Emergency?