Injured by a Dangerous or Defective Product? Our Attorney Can Help
Dangerous products result in thousands of tragic injuries and deaths each year. When a product is sold to the public, the assumption is that it is safe for consumption. If a dangerous product fails to warn consumers of potential dangers, it can result in burn injuries, brain injuries, illness, or even amputation.
Manufacturers, as well as retailers, may be liable when a dangerous product leads to personal injury or death. If you, your spouse, or your child has been injured by a dangerous product in Florida, contact our Florida product liability lawyers and we'll do a free review of your case to see if you may be eligible for financial compensation.
Speak With Our Product Liability Lawyer If You Have Injuries From a Defective Product
Call Now (727) 397-5571
Serving Seminole, Largo, St Petersburg, and Surrounding Areas
Florida Product Liability Claims Are Complex
The process of developing a solid Florida product liability law case is complex. It requires identifying all the parties responsible for your injury. It also requires a determination of monetary damages. Determining monetary damages is much more than adding up your medical bills and time lost from work. Damages may include ancillary expenses, such as hiring someone to perform work that you can no longer do. Some of these damages require proof from experts. As you can see, the steps to developing a solid product liability lawsuit should only be done by an experienced and knowledgeable attorney. The Pinellas product liability law firm of DeLoach, Hofstra & Cavonis, P.A. has the experience and resources to go up against the manufacturers at no cost to you unless we recover money.
In Florida, a product is considered to be defective when there are:
- Design Defects
- Manufacturing Defects
- Marketing Defects such as improper labeling of a product, inadequate warning or deficient instructions.
If you have been injured by a defective product, whether you were the person using the product or an innocent bystander, contact our Seminole product liability attorney and we'll review your case free of charge.
Get Legal Help For Your Dangerous Product Case
Some of the benefits and highlights of working with DeLoach, Hofstra & Cavonis, P.A. on your product liability claim include:
- Experts In Dangerous Product Law
- Experienced In Burn and Brain Injury Cases
- Accident Investigation Experience
- Proven Record of Success
- Substantial Resources Available
- No Fee Unless You Recover
Dangerous Products Injury: What To Do Now
- DO NOT throw out the product. You MUST save the product so it can be properly inspected.
- DO NOT change the product in any way. You MUST keep the product in the same condition it was in at the time of the injury.
- Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of all witnesses.
- Preserve all available evidence by taking photos, if possible, of the scene, the product and any visible injury you have.
- Get immediate medical treatment.
- Seek the advice an attorney.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit?
Under Florida law, an injured person has four years from the time the injury is discovered to file a personal injury or mass tort claim. However, an injury victim should seek the advice of an experienced injury attorney as soon as possible, for a number of reasons.
- First, evidence may be lost or destroyed if an attorney doesn't make a legal request for records pertaining to your claim.
- Second, it will take time to gather evidence and build a case, all of which can add to the time before filing
- Finally, knowing the answers to your questions straight from an attorney prepares you for the road ahead, and lets you know how best to cope with your medical bills and treatment plan as your case progresses.
Free Consultations and No Upfront Fees
If you have been injured by a dangerous product in Florida, you may see a fast and easy settlement as the quickest way to get back to your normal life. You may have been approached with an offer of a settlement by one of the parties that are responsible for your injury and think this is the quickest way to end the pain. You should be very cautious before talking to anyone representing the responsible party. And do not worry about paying upfront legal costs. You are not responsible for any of our fees or costs unless there is a recovery. We will advance all of the costs necessary to aggressively pursue your claim. We will never ask you pay any of these costs out of your own pocket. Contact us today at 727-397-5571 and get help from one of our Florida product liability lawyers today.