Elder law attorneys focus on the legal issues unique to the elderly and disabled. When you or your loved one starts to have a mental or physical decline, it is very difficult to navigate this process alone. You may have many questions dealing with nursing homes, social workers, doctors, Medicare, Medicaid, asset protection, and more. When helping your aging loved one, you should look to professional help to make sure your loved one is taken care of, you have the help you need, and your loved one's assets are protected from the high cost of long-term care. We provide help in the following ways:
- Medicaid and Asset Protection Planning (see the Income and Asset table for Medicaid Benefits)
- Medicaid Spend-Down Planning
- Medicaid Application (even when the elder is already in the nursing home!)
- Assisted living Medicaid
- Healthcare Advocacy
- Veterans Benefits
- Estate Planning (wills and trusts)
- Irrevocable Asset Protection Trusts
- Pooled Trusts for the Elderly and Disabled
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Advance Directives (Designations of Healthcare Surrogates and Living Wills)
- Guardianship Law
- Alzheimer's Advocacy
Our elder law attorney offers clients unmatched advice and action. We are here to help you by providing honest service and great advice. Attorney "Rep" DeLoach is board certified by the Florida Bar Association in elder law, and we feature Life Care Planning to ensure a comprehensive approach help our clients and their families. If you want to get started planning for your future, or if you have questions about how to best take care of your older loved ones, call us today or take a moment to fill out our online contact form for a prompt response.
Has Your Elder Just Entered the Nursing Home?
If your loved one has just entered the nursing home, or may be a danger at home, you will have a lot of questions. Please follow this link on next steps to take and questions you should ask when your elder has just entered the nursing home.
Medicaid and Asset Protection Planning
A large part of elder law is making sure the elder's assets are used as efficiently as possible and that assets are protected for their benefit. Sometimes, asset protection also means protecting assets for the benefit of the elder's heirs. Learn more about Medicaid and asset protection planning on this webpage. Medicaid spend down planning is also important to consider.
Learn More about Protecting the Spouse at Home
If one spouse is sick and needs the nursing home and Medicaid, what happens to the spouse's income at home? Find out more with our page on calculating the Medicaid spousal diversion in Florida.
Learn More at our Free Monthly Seminar!
We offer free monthly seminars (when not locked down from COVID) on both Medicaid and Estate Planning. Learn more about Medicaid, VA benefits, Wills, Trusts, Powers of attorney and more in a casual setting. Sign up here to attend this informative seminar.
Success With Our Holistic Solutions
We want to address all your concerns—issues you may have now and in the future—to provide you and your family comprehensive and effective help. . Part of what sets us apart is our Life Care Planning program. The Life Care Planning process combines all the elements of protection for the elderly into one convenient package. We work with the family, our elder care coordinator, and a public benefits specialist to address all the needs that may arise, including:
- Healthcare – We assess the health of the client and make recommendations about appropriate care and facilities. Once you or your loved one is in a good facility (nursing home or assisted living, but even at home), we continue to advocate to ensure their continued, effective care. We have a social worker on staff to help provide you and your loved one with the proper care.
- Financial – We address asset protection and benefits. We will help you find any benefits or government programs that may be of service and help you secure enrollment.
- Legal – We will build a custom estate plan for every estate that can be activated at the appropriate time to provide effectively for the aging adult.
We know that helping your aging loved one is difficult but your life will be better with our law firm, having helped thousands of families in difficult situations like yours.
See What Our Clients Say About our Elder Law Attorney
“I am exceedingly satisfied with the help your firm gave me. I would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone dealing with an elderly loved one. Your customer service and satisfaction is a very strong point. You and your staff have always been there for me to provide the service required. I was unable to cope with my wife’s failing health until I found you.”
“I would recommend you all to anyone and will do so as often as I can.”
“Words cannot express how much your team has helped us out. You did everything I asked, and more, to help my mother and myself deal with my father’s dementia. Your entire team was absolutely amazing and we would have been completely lost without you. Hiring you was the best decision we could have made!”
Download our Free Book on Medicaid and Caring for your Elder
If you or your loved one is looking at how to plan for your elder, or are looking at how to plan to protect your own assets, please download our free book, Protect Your Nest Egg from a Florida Nursing Home. This comprehensive book will help you and your loved one make the right decisions, now and in the future.