You Slipped, Tripped or Fell: You Need an Attorney Now!
Slip, trip, and fall injuries are serious business. Property owners have a duty to maintain their premises in a safe manner and warn of any hazards or dangers that might cause injury to another. This includes proper maintenance of floors and public areas so that the general public is not placed in harm's way. This usually requires proper lighting in and around a building.
Florida slip & fall lawsuits often include a failure to properly warn others of a hazard. For example, if the floor of a local grocery store is wet due to inclement weather or because it was recently mopped, the grocery store manager or owner has a duty to put up signs to warn the public that the floor is wet and may be slippery.
If You're Not Responsible For A Slip Or Fall, Why Should You Pay?
The term "premises liability" refers to a claim for injuries caused by an unknown and/or dangerous condition on property. Examples of premises liability claims include slip and fall incidents, trip and fall incidents, and criminal attacks. The typical premises liability claim is factually simple, but difficult legally. For example, the length of time a foreign substance is on the floor prior to a fall is a critical fact in determining whether a property owner is negligent. It takes a skilled lawyer in slip and fall accidents to conduct a thorough investigation to obtain the needed information to successfully resolve a premises liability case.
Falls, either as a result of tripping, slipping or other reasons, are some of the most common types of accidents causing injuries in the Pinellas County Florida area. If you've been injured in such an incident, DeLoach, Hofstra & Cavonis, P.A. will give you the legal guidance you need.
Call Now (727) 397-5571
Serving Seminole, Largo, St Petersburg, and Surrounding Areas
Get The Right Slip, Trip & Fall Legal Help Immediately
If you were left with painful injuries or emotional distress after falling, tripping, or slipping due to someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit. Victims who win or settle their personal injury claims may collect compensation for their:
- Medical Treatment
- Rehabilitative Care
- Lost Wages From Missed Work
- Future Lost Income
- Property Damage
- Pain And Suffering
- Emotional Trauma
Five Critical Steps After a Slip/Trip and Fall
There are five steps you need to follow if you're injured by a slip/trip and fall incident. Police aren't typically called to these types of injuries, so it's very important that you do your part to preserve available evidence for your case.
- Report the incident to a store manager. It is very important you report the incident and note the name of the person you're speaking with so additional information can be sought later. Also, try to get a copy of the report. Many businesses have a policy to not provide you a copy, so don't be alarmed should this happen.
- Make sure to take pictures of the condition that caused your injury. It is important you take two different types of photographs. First photograph the thing or substance that caused you to trip or slip. Second, take a wide-angle photo to establish where you were injured in relation to the larger, surrounding area.
- Make sure to identify all witnesses. People around you who may have witnessed the incident–typically customers–are going to leave the area pretty quickly. Their testimony will be lost unless you make the effort to identify them. Try to talk with these folks and get their contact information: name, email address, and phone number.
- See a doctor immediately to document your condition. The longer you delay, the longer the gap between incident and first treatment, the more difficult it will be to pursue your claim. A defense attorney, or an insurance adjuster, will take the position that if you waited, you must not have been badly injured.
- Call our office immediately because there are other things we can do. For example, we could send an investigator to the scene in an effort to gather additional evidence.
If you have any questions, please contact our office for more helpful tips to protect you and your case.
DeLoach, Hofstra & Cavonis, P.A. Will Help You Get What You Deserve
You may have a great deal on your mind during this difficult time, but your recovery needs to be your first priority. With our attorneys serving as your supportive litigators, you can focus on your rehabilitation while we concentrate on obtaining any compensation to which you are entitled.
- Extensive experience in personal safety liability
- Free phone, Email, or home consultation
- Evening & weekend appointments
- You get paid before we get paid
- Available for consultations 24/7
- Thousands of injury cases successfully settled
- Millions of dollars won for our clients
- Substantial resources available
- Personal attention
- Very high success rate
You Get Compensated or We Don't Get Paid
If you slipped or fell and have been injured and as a result, you are probably dealing with medical costs and fees you didn't anticipate and you may worry about calling a lawyer to help you. When you work with DeLoach, Hofstra & Cavonis, P.A you are not responsible for any of our fees or costs unless there is a recovery on your behalf. We will take care of all of the costs necessary and we will aggressively pursue your claim.With our attorneys, you will never be asked you to pay any of these costs out of your own pocket. Call us day or night at 727-397-5571 or send us an email.