It's something that we all fear – a car accident with an alcohol-impaired driver. It seems that we hear about devastating accidents in Florida involving drunk drivers much too frequently. Even though statistics are improving, nearly 12,000 people die every year in DUI-related accidents. A staggering 900,000 people are arrested for DUI/DWI and 1/3 of those are repeat offenders. The sad fact is that your chance of being in a car accident with a driver under the influence is much too high.
If you are a Florida DUI/DWI injury victim, you should know that the laws against this felony are harsh and you may be eligible for a monetary settlement. If a person causes an accident while DUI or DWI they are held to a much higher standard of liability than an ordinary car accident. Further, the bar, restaurant, nightclub or host who served too much alcohol to the driver may also be liable for damages and injuries. Because recovery from DUI/DWI offenders is extensive, it is important to work with Florida drunk driving injury accident attorneys who are experienced and knowledgeable. Only then can you get the full compensation that you deserve.
A Relentless Pinellas Area DUI Accident Attorney Is:
- Experienced in Standard of Liability
- Recovers Your Medical Expenses
- Experienced In Accident Investigation
- Successful, With A Proven Track Record
- Able To Provide Ample Available Resources
- Willing To Collect Only If You Collect
Steps To Take After Florida Drunk Driver Accidents
- Call the police to have formal report made completed.
- Make sure to get information from all involved drivers. It is very important to get all contact and personal information that is available on everyone's driver's license. Write down all of the information found on the vehicle registration and insurance documents.
- Try to obtain the contact info for all of the witnesses. Never assume law enforcement will identify or interview every witness.
- Take lots of pictures of the scene and your injuries. This ensures that that the evidence is not completely destroyed
- Only speak to the investigating police officer, and only about the accident and how it happened. A statement to other drivers, witnesses, and bystanders is admissible in court but those to a police officer are not.
- Get treatment for your injuries immediately.
- Consult with an experienced Florida drunk driver accident attorney.
We Deliver Results Or You Don't Pay
If you were injured by a Florida drunk driver, you are most likely angry and upset about dealing with medical issues that were no fault of your own. The last thing you should worry about is how to pay an attorney. But at DeLoach, Hofstra & Cavonis, PA, you are not responsible for any of our fees or costs unless there is a recovery. We pay all upfront costs required to relentlessly pursue your injury claim. We will never ask you pay any of these costs out of your own pocket. Call us at 727-397-5571 to contact our Seminole, Pinellas, Largo, and Tampa Bay area drunk driving injury attorneys.