Get Instant Access To Our Free Online Pet Planning Seminar Video ~50 mins
What Happens To Your Pet When Something Happens To You?
Your pet is your family, and you want to make sure they have a good home after your passing. Unfortunately, many pets are surrendered to animal shelters or even euthanized when the owners are no longer around to provide for them.
As an animal lover who has served on the board of the SPCA, Attorney D. “Rep” DeLoach III understands the unique concerns of pet owners from a personal and professional point of view. In an effort to create comprehensive estate plans that meet our clients’ specific needs, we recorded a recent live event to help people provide for their beloved pets.
During The Seminar, We Will Discuss:
- The different “silos” of assets and why they matter
- Problems with providing for a pet in your will
- Benefits of keeping assets in a living trust
- Pros and cons of using gift planning to place your pet with a caretaker
- How to choose your pet caretaker
- Writing instructions and provisions for your pet caretaker
- Using a Formal Pet Trust to protect animals for their entire lifetimes
- What happens to the remainder in a pet trust after the animal dies
- Our SPCA Legacy of Love Pet Trust and why it's different
- Taking the financial burden of your pet off of the caretaker
- How to set up your pet trust through SPCA Tampa Bay
- What happens if the trust pet dies and you adopt a new pet
Don’t Leave Anything in Your Estate Plan Up to Chance!
At DeLoach, Hofstra & Cavonis, P.A., our attorneys come up with creative solutions to address the unique needs of every client. Simply fill out the form on this page to watch our free seminar or call (727) 397-5571 if you have any questions.
If you need more help revising your estate plan, download Your Separate Writing: Gifts of Tangible Personal Property in Your Last Will and Testament to ensure no stone is left unturned.