Get Instant Access to the Essentials of Estate Planning Seminar ~60 mins
People who come to us for help with their estate plans often have misconceptions about wills, probate, and inheritance laws. Some have heard horror stories about the wrong people inheriting precious family assets, while others are worried about losing a large portion of the estate to taxes.
No matter what brings them to our door, they all have one thing in common: they want advice they can rely on to create a comprehensive estate plan.
Get the Answers You Need to Secure Your Future
Attorney D. “Rep” DeLoach III has given several live seminars to educate Florida residents on their estate planning options. In our continuing effort to take the confusion out of the planning process, we’ve recorded our recent seminar, Essentials of Estate Planning, and offer it free of charge to all viewers.
Estate Planning Basics That Benefit You
- How to approach estate planning in an easy four-step process
- Choosing between a creating a will or a trust-based estate plan
- Creating advanced directives and durable powers of attorney
- Making a legally-enforceable plan for incapacity and end-of-life care
- How to identify the different assets in your estate plan
- What probate is and what it accomplishes
- Who might want to avoid probate
- Asset protection strategies (with and without trusts)
- What a revocable living trust is and what it accomplishes
- The importance of monitoring your plan during your lifetime
- How to ensure your wishes will be followed after your passing
Estate Planning Basics That Benefit Your Family
- Allowing direct inheritance through beneficiary designations
- Pitfalls of adding co-owners to assets to avoid probate
- How to make the probate estate as small as possible
- Options for protecting out-of-state assets
- Preventing certain heirs from spending their inheritances all at once
- How to prevent your heirs from paying high costs and fees
- Limiting the impact of federal estate taxes
- Preventing family wealth from being lost through a divorce or court judgments
- How to fund your trust and avoid complications later
- Steps to take to prevent estate litigation
Take the Guesswork Out of Providing for Your Loved Ones
The trusted elder law attorneys at DeLoach, Hofstra & Cavonis, P.A.can advise you on all matters related to estate planning, Medicaid planning, and life care planning. If you would like to learn more after watching our free seminar, please call (727) 397-5571 to speak to our team.
If you’re looking for a printable reference on estate planning, order your free copy of our book, Top 20 Rules for Protecting Your Florida Estate.