Watch Our Seminar About Qualifying for Medicaid to Protect Your Assets From the Nursing Home ~60 mins
Every year, our elder law firm helps countless people create plans for the future and provide the peace of mind they need to enjoy retirement. Many have the luxury of planning ahead, but in some cases, the health of an aging loved one or a sudden diagnosis accelerates the need for long-term care.
Whether you’re just starting to think about nursing home care or you’re in “crisis mode” and need to get access to Medicaid as soon as possible, one thing is likely weighing on your mind: the high cost of long-term care and whether it will wipe out your life savings.
The Earlier You Plan, the More Options You Have
As a board-certified specialist in elder law, attorney D. “Rep” DeLoach III has given several seminars to properly prepare Florida residents for the future. We recorded one of our recent live events to allow people nationwide to get the information they need right in the comfort of their homes.
In this two-part seminar on Medicaid and nursing home costs, you will learn:
- Common myths about Medicaid
- Income and asset rules for Medicaid
- How Medicaid relates to your estate
- Differences between Medicare and Medicaid
- How to know when it’s time to go into long-term care (LTC)
- Different LTC programs that Medicaid pays for
- Income tests and asset tests for single people and married couples
- The benefits of estate planning before you need Medicaid
- Using Annuities or Life Insurance to pay for LTC
- How irrevocable trusts are used to cover LTC
- What you can do right now to preserve access to Medicaid
Healthcare Crisis Management
- How to qualify for Medicaid
- Other benefit programs that may pay for LTC (such as VA Benefits)
- Why you shouldn’t give all your money away to qualify for Medicaid
- Estimating the cost of LTC in Florida
- Where to get LTC information you can trust
- Financial planning vs. gift planning
- How to maintain a high quality of care
- The best ways to preserve assets for future generations
- Creative legal ways to get Medicaid benefits immediately
An Elder Lawyer Can Guide You Through the Planning Process
At DeLoach, Hofstra & Cavonis, P.A., our attorneys have experience in estate planning, Medicaid planning, and life care planning, giving us a unique ability to address your specific needs in your twilight years. Simply fill out the form on this page to watch our free seminar or call (727) 397-5571 if you have any questions.
If you prefer a printable reference, be sure to order your free copy of our book, Protect Your Nest Egg From The Nursing Home: Your Florida Survival Guide.