You've decided to hire an attorney for your motorcycle accident case. Like most injury victims, your next step may be to look online for the right lawyer to help you.
However, a basic search may suggest hundreds of attorneys in your area, each one with the potential to make or break your case. How can you be sure that the person representing you will have what it takes to secure the compensation you need?
How to Choose a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
It's no exaggeration to say the lawyer you select to represent you will directly affect the outcome of your case. Attorneys vary widely in the types of law they practice, their experience levels, and the way they approach clients and their situations.
When searching for a motorcycle wreck attorney, you should consider whether the law firm has:
- Extensive experience. Just because an injury attorney has vehicle crash knowledge doesn't mean they have the expertise to handle motorcycle accidents. Your attorney should be well-versed in motorcycle crash liability, know why these kinds of accidents differ from car wrecks, and have extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies.
- A rider's perspective. Your attorney doesn't necessarily need to be previously injured in a motorcycle accident to be able to represent you, but a personal perspective lends many benefits to your case. Our attorney Paul Cavonis is a lifelong motorcycle rider who knows what it's like to share the roads with reckless drivers and fight against biker bias after a crash. As a result, he's passionate about protecting the rights of motorcyclists injured or killed in motorcycle accidents.
- Obtained maximum compensation for clients. Bike wrecks often result in severe injuries or death, costing victims and their families hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills, lost income, and future disability. Our attention to detail and tenacious representation resulted in millions of dollars for our injury clients, and we won't hesitate to go to trial if we believe you can get a more substantial award in court.
- A high customer service rating. Not only should your attorney be technically proficient, but they should also be available to take your calls and keep you informed every step of the way. Our firm devotes personal attention to each case, offers evening and weekend appointments and in-home consultations for client convenience, and is available by phone or email around the clock.
- Contingency fee agreements. As experienced riders, we know motorcycle accident injuries cause unexpected medical costs, lost time from work, and additional financial stress. That's why we represent injury clients on a contingent-fee basis, covering court costs upfront for our clients and only collecting our fee after the case is won.
- Free consultations. Our injury attorneys extend free consultations to victims, allowing us to get to know each other and see if we can work together. You can attend these meetings with no obligation to hire us.
In the end, the attorney who's the best fit for you is the one who answers your questions, takes on the burden of your case, and allows you to heal while they fight for your maximum recovery. If you're still not sure, simply fill out the brief contact form on this page to schedule a free consultation with our injury team. Our motorcycle accident injury attorney can explain your options and secure the compensation you need to move on with your life.